We hope these fast facts provide the quick and pertinent information for which you are looking. Feel free to utilize our intuitive search feature should you have further inquires.
Education Service Center
3027 S. New Haven Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74114
Dr. Keith Ballard
Leigh Goodson - District 5
Dr. Lana Turner-Addison - District 3
Mr. Gary Percefull - District 1
Wilbert E. Collins Sr. - District 2
Bobby Gray - District 4
Ms. Ruth Ann Fate - President, District 6
Dr. Lois Jacobs - District 7
Mrs. Peggy Young - Clerk of the Board
On a Journey to Performance Excellence
Tulsa Public Schools is Northeastern Oklahoma’s largest and most dynamic school district with nearly 40,000 thousand students, 7,000 employees, 88 campuses, 250 school buses and about 173 square miles.
The mission of TPS is to provide quality learning experiences for every student, every day, without exception; and the district believes this mission can be accomplished through five core goals: safety and security; student learning and performance; leadership sustainability; teacher effectiveness and financial sustainability.
The school year has proven to be a banner year for accomplishment at TPS. The district bolstered its vision of excellence and high expectations with a commitment to all through several innovative schools and programs.
TPS continues to blaze the path to education with its many magnet schools including Central, Hale, McLain and Webster high schools. The magnet programs offer curricula in restaurant/lodging management, culinary arts, fine arts, engineering, medicine, broadcasting, filmmaking and a number of other interest-based courses of study.
Total Students (2012-2013): 40,252
African American 27.8%
American Indian 6.94%
Staff & Student Accomplishments
- Dr. Keith Ballard to be inducted into Oklahoma Educators Hall of Fame
- The Yale Office of Undergraduate Admissions recognized Booker T. Washington teacher Mr. Reginald Noland Jr. and Mrs. Elizabeth Enochs, BTW counselor, as recipients of the 2011 Yale Educator Award
- Tulsa Public Schools received the Association of School Business Officials International’s (ASBO) Certificate of Excellence (COE) in Financial Reporting award for the fiscal years ending 2010 and 2011
- Carver named a 2011 National Blue Ribbon School by U.S. Department of Education
- Memorial High School received the 2011 Green School of the Year award from the Tulsa Metropolitan Environmental Trust (MET) thanks to the efforts of its Earth Team
- Edison and Booker T. Washington made Newsweek Magazine’s list of “Top 1,000 High Schools”
- TPS’ Financial Services Department earned its third consecutive Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from the Government Finance
- Mark Twain Elementary School’s Beth Howard earned the Governor’s Art Award
- Edison Preparatory School’s Linda Lemley was named the Secondary Physical Education Teacher of the Year by the Oklahoma Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- Byrd Middle School’s Joe Clemmer’s received the International Technology and Engineering Educators Association’s Program Excellence Award
- Memorial High School’s John Beasley was named Recycler of the Year by the Metropolitan Environmental Trust
- Mark Twain Elementary has been named a 2010 National Title I Distinguished School!
Having trouble viewing these documents? Download Adobe Reader.