Partners in Education
In order to prepare Tulsa children to compete against their peers across the nation and around the world, Tulsa Regional Chamber and Tulsa Public Schools collaborate to provide the Partners In Education program, which unites schools and the business community to increase the quality of education for all students.
Established in 1983, Partners In Education links students with resources that help provide knowledge and skills needed for future success. The program connects students and teachers with corporate, education, volunteer, government and civic leaders. These partnerships help educators improve the academic and personal growth of all students.
More than 1,200 community partners are involved in Tulsa’s Partners In Education program. Through an initiative by Tulsa Public Schools administration, the number of current partners involved with the program is expected to grow over the next year. The program’s goal is to reach 1,350 partners by the end of the 2009-2010 academic year.
For more information regarding the Partners In Education program contact Heather Johnson, Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are a number of ways in which partners are involved with the schools:
- Serving as volunteers by reading to students, mentoring during the lunch hour, or serving as guest speakers
- Donating school supplies
- Recognizing top-performers with victory parties and other incentive programs
- Sharing a company's technical expertise with a school
- Awarding attendance or good behavior in the classroom
- Hosting teacher appreciation lunches or providing teacher appreciation awards
- Catering PTA meetings to encourage parent participation
- Many, many other ways!