Our job is to make sure every family who qualifies is eligible to receive free or reduced cost meals, including breakfast and lunch. Qualifications are based on income and household size. Everyone can apply! There is no limit on how many free or reduced meals we serve.
ONLY FOR MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS.
Elementary students will automatically receive free meals.
Note: We do not accept faxed applications
8934 E. Latimer St.
Tulsa, Ok 74115
Upon receipt, Child Nutrition Services Department:
- Checks application for completeness and then processes it to determine eligibility.
- Enters student information and status in computers at the Education Service Center and communicate that info to each school cafeteria daily.
- sends a letter home with each student to parents concerning approval.
If the application is incomplete:
- Child Nutrition Service staff obtains information from families by phone when possible.
- When unable to contact households by phone, Child Nutrition Service staff sends forms noting any missing information to students’ homes by U.S. Mail.
- Parents return the completed forms in self-addressed stamped envelopes provided by Child Nutrition Services.
Because this is a federally funded lunch program, every year we will randomly select three percent of all applications completed for verification of income. We notify parents by phone or U.S. mail to return verification documentation in self-addressed stamped envelopes. We enclose samples of acceptable documents with the verification notice.
If you have any other questions, or need help, call 918‑833‑8690, 918‑833‑8673 or 918‑833‑8670.
(as published in the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines)
|Annual||Monthly||Twice Per Month||Every Two Weeks||Weekly|
|For each additional family member, add:||7,696||642||321||296||148|
If you have any questions, please contact Child Nutrition Family Applications at 918‑833‑8673.
Children approved for free and reduced cost meals that transfer within the district do not complete a new family application form, unless there has been a change of income.
When a student arrives at a new school, office staff will, as quickly as possible, notify the cafeteria manager of the child’s complete name and former school. The cafeteria manager may call the Child Nutrition Services Office for status information.
Under part 6 of the family lunch application, there is a section to apply for information concerning free or low cost health insurance for your student. Sooner Care applications are also located at each Tulsa Public School.