2021 Bond Package for Tulsa Public Schools
On June 8, 2021, you will have an opportunity to vote on four propositions included in the 2021 Bond for Tulsa Public Schools. If passed by Tulsans, the 2021 Bond for Tulsa Public Schools will invest $414 million over five years in Tulsa children, teachers, and families and make a meaningful impact in every school. The four propositions include:
- Proposition 1: Safe Learning Environments ($166.8 million)
- Proposition 2: Student and Classroom Technologies ($90.7 million)
- Proposition 3: Student Transportation ($17.3 million)
- Proposition 4: Quality Learning Materials and Programs ($139.3 million)
The voter registration deadline to vote on the 2021 Bond for Tulsa Public Schools is Friday, May 14. Find voter information and resources at www.tulsaschools.org/vote.
A Deeper Dive: Proposition 3 – Student Transportation
- Proposition 3 will provide safe, comfortable, and environmentally sustainable transportation for every Tulsa student by:
- Providing student transport vehicles to every high school for off-site learning and enrichment opportunities;
- Improving student rider experiences with wifi-enabled activity buses and applications to track bus arrival times; and
- Funding our district’s continued transition to environmentally-friendly buses using compressed natural gas.
Proposition 3 includes investments totaling $17.3 million in wireless internet access on student activity busses, software allowing parents to track bus arrival times, and replacements and repairs for work vehicles, trucks, mowers, and repair vans so that our support professionals have access to the equipment they need to serve our schools and keep our system running safely and smoothly. Proposition 3 will also fund the purchase of 20 new “people carrier” small buses for secondary schools that will improve student access to academic, social, and emotional learning opportunities outside of their schools. In addition, proposition 3 will support our transition to more environmentally-friendly buses using compressed natural gas by replacing 13 buses annually.
Visit our website to see a complete breakdown of where exactly the $17.3 million from proposition 3 will be spent. Click here for an overview of each proposition or visit www.tulsaschools.org/2021bond for more details.
Information sessions for the 2021 Bond for Tulsa Public Schools
Across the first three weeks of May, we will hold a series of virtual information sessions about the 2021 Bond for Tulsa Public Schools. These sessions are designed to help Tulsans learn about the bond’s four propositions and highlight the major projects included in each. We will hold parent information sessions in each board district. Next week’s information sessions will take place on the following dates:
- Tuesday, May 4 from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.: Parents who live in District 2
- Thursday, May 6 from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.: Parents who live in District 1
- Saturday, May 8 from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.: Community info session (in Spanish)
Visit www.tulsaschools.org/bondsessions to register. Interpretation services will be available.
Summer Programs Registration Opens Wednesday, May 5
Enrollment for summer programs will open from Wednesday, May 5 to Friday, May 21 at www.tulsaschools.org/summer.
In July, every school in the district will welcome students back to campus for a month of exciting and engaging summer fun!
- Students in all grades from pre-kindergarten through 12th will have the opportunity to participate in summer programs at their home school;
- While each school will create its own summer programming, every child in our district will have opportunities to build strong relationships with caring adults and with their peers, participate in hands-on learning, and engage in developmentally-appropriate enrichment activities.
Our Summer Cafe program will also provide nutritious meals free of charge to all Tulsa children ages 18 and younger from June - August. Visit www.tulsaschools.org/summer for more information.
Teacher Appreciation Week
Teacher Appreciation Week is Monday, May 3 - Friday, May 7! Join us next week in saying thank you to all of our incredible teachers!