Thirteen alumni are now proud members of the Tulsa Public Schools Athletics Hall of Fame after a ceremony and banquet yesterday. This year's class of inductees has the largest group of female athletes.
Executive Director of Activities and Athletics Mick Wilson says: "While this is a great time to celebrate the achievements of our latest inductees and how well they represent our schools, it's also a great opportunity to give our current student athletes someone to look up to. I want to thank each and every one of our inductees for their example and how they represent their schools. Their success both on and off the field truly speaks to their legacy."
The 2022 Athletics Hall of Fame inductees include:
- Josh Atkinson - East Central - basketball
- Bob Brumble - Rogers - football
- Caleb Green - Memorial - basketball
- Leah Hope - Hale - soccer, basketball, softball, track
- John Hammond - Central - football, basketball, track
- Shardell Johnson - Booker T. Washington - volleyball, tennis, softball, cheerleading
- Adele Lukken - Edison - golf
- Robert Mayes, Sr. - Booker T. Washington coach
- Tom Maxwell - Webster - baseball
- Perry Moss - Central - football
- Allen Mullinax - Rogers - baseball, football, wrestling
- Jamilah O'Neal - McLain - basketball
- Grady Peninger - Webster - wrestling