Team Tulsa is excited to see you in school on Thursday, August 17!
- Back-to-School: school starts this week!
- Clear Bag Policy at School Athletics Events
- Tulsa Public Schools families can now view fee balance through PowerSchool Parent Portal and pay through MySchoolBucks (MSB).
Back-to-School Priorities: things to do BEFORE the first day of school!
- Complete your child’s Back to School form at enroll.tulsaschools.org
- Update immunizations
- Check bus routes
Make sure you’re ready for a great start to the year by visiting www.tulsaschools.org/backtoschool for information
Tulsa Public Schools Superintendent Deborah Gist answers YOUR questions on Facebook Live
Do you have a question for Superintendent Deborah Gist? Dr. Gist has resumed her regular Facebook Live schedule. Tuesday at 4:45 pm she will be live on Facebook answering your questions, so post them in the comments and watch for your answer on Tuesday afternoons at www.facebook.com/deborahagist
Clear-Bag Policy at Athletics Events
Tulsa Public Schools is announcing that enhanced safety and security measures can and will be employed at district athletic events including the use of weapons detection systems and wanding, and the implementation of clear bag procedures.
Under the clear bag procedures, fans will be permitted one large clear bag, or a small clutch-type handbag.
The large clear bag must be no larger than 12” x 6” x 12” and made of clear material that may be easily searched. A gallon-sized Ziploc bag is a readily available clear bag that meets these requirements. The small clutch-type handbag can be used to carry personal items and will be subject to search by security officials or law enforcement. The clutch must be no larger than 4.5” x 6.5”. Every spectator, including children, may bring in one clear bag.
For more information, please see the Frequently Asked Questions and review the image.
The enhanced safety and security measures will go into effect immediately and they will be used at multiple entrances to games. The enhancements are being implemented to ensure the safety of all students and spectators. Fans heading to district athletic events should arrive early to account for additional time needed to enter the games.
We thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to a safe and exciting school year.
PowerSchool (Student and Parent):
Parent Fees: PowerSchool and My School Bucks
For the 2023-2024 school year, Tulsa Public Schools families can now view fee balance through PowerSchool Parent Portal and pay through MySchoolBucks (MSB). (Parents who prefer to pay in person can still do so.) You can now use the same login to access your student’s information in PowerSchool and make payments in MySchoolBucks. Please complete this one-time process to get started:
1. Log in to your PowerSchool account here: powerschool.tulsaschools.org/
2. On the left navigation menu, select MySchoolBucks
3. You will be directed to MySchoolBucks to complete the registration process.
- Thursday, August 17: FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL for grades K-12 at all schools. (PreK, please check first day and pre-assessment schedules with your child’s school)
- Saturday, August 26 at 9:30am: YES: Empowering Families for Success at OSU Tulsa Auditorium (700 N. Greenwood)
- September 30: Please complete the Free/Reduced Meal Application by September 30. More details below; apply at tulsaschools.org/mealapp
Seen around our district
- Hundreds of families and students get ready for the new year at the Parent Resource Center’s Back to School Bash
- Orientation Day 2023
- New pre-K teachers attend Tulsa Way Academy at Springdale Elementary
Free/Reduced Meal Application is now available
Did you know that the Free/Reduced Price Meal Application supports students with more than just meals? Apply at tulsaschools.org/mealapp.
Students who qualify through the Free/Reduced Price Meal application may be eligible for:
- Daily breakfast and lunch meals free of charge or at a discounted cost;
- Discounted or waived college application fees;
- Discounted or waived registration fees for the SAT/ACT;
- Discounted internet bill; and
- Discounted or waived fees for some sports in and out of school.
The application and additional information is available at tulsaschools.org/mealapp
Thanks to federal recovery funds, we were able to invest in air quality improvements in our buildings, Ready. Set. Summer! programming, and enrichment programs to address learning loss. Learn more about ESSER (federal recovery) funding here.
Tulsa Public Schools students lead through literacy, are empowered through experience, and contribute to their community. We honor the diversity, creativity, and passion of our students, elevating every student to be designers of their destiny. Learn more about Pathways to Opportunity, our plan for the next five years.
Tulsa Public Schools would like to continue connecting with you via email. If you prefer to be removed from our list, please contact Tulsa Public Schools directly. To stop receiving all email messages distributed through our SchoolMessenger service, follow this link and confirm: Unsubscribe
SchoolMessenger is a notification service used by the nation's leading school systems to connect with parents, students and staff through voice, SMS text, email, and social media.