Team Tulsa is excited to see you in school on Thursday, August 17!
Before the first day of school, be sure to:
- Complete your child’s Back to School form at enroll.tulsaschools.org
- Update immunizations
- Check bus routes
Make sure you’re ready for a great start to the year by visiting www.tulsaschools.org/backtoschool for information about:
- Bell schedules
- School supplies
- Meals at school (breakfast and lunch)
- Student and school safety
- Out of school time learning, including after-school options
- Bus routes
- Orientation days for pre-K, K, 6th, and 9th grade students
Monday, August 14 is orientation day for pre-K, kindergarten, 6th grade, and 9th grade students.
For PreK Students Only*
August 17 and 18 are assessment/distance learning days for PreK students. Families will sign up at orientation for a PreK assessment on ONE of those days. PreK students will engage in distance learning on the other day. Look for communication from your school and attend your school Orientation Day for more details.
First full day for Pre-K students is Monday, August 21
*Grissom pre-K students will start on August 17 due to their multi-age Montessori classrooms.
Text "Y" or "Yes" to 67587 to make sure you get important weather and safety notices.
Looking for a way to collect essential school supplies and other resources? Check out our key dates below for a number of Back to School Bashes and resource fairs this month.
- Thursday, August 3 The Oklahoma Caring Van will be at the Enrollment Center (2819 S New Haven Ave.) from 1pm to 4pm to provide a free immunization clinic.
- Friday, August 4 to Sunday, August 6: Tax Free Weekend! Oklahoma back to school tax exempt items include clothing and shoes that are less than $100 per item.
- Saturday, August 5 Tulsa Global Alliance will be hosting the annual World in a Box Day on August 5 from 11am to 3pm at the Tulsa Central Library, 400 Civic Center. World in a Box Day features a wide range of activities designed to engage participants in exploring different cultures, traditions, and global issues. Open this English Flyer Spanish Flyer to learn more.
- Friday, August 11 from 3pm to 6 pm: North Tulsa Economic Development Initiative (NTEDi) Parent and Community Enrichment Extravaganza Back-to-School event at Tulsa Technology Center (3850 North Peoria).
- Saturday, August 12 from 10am to 2pm: Parent Resource Center Back to School Bash at the Parent Resource Center (525 E. 46th St. N.).
- Saturday, August 26 at 9:30am: YES: Empowering Families for Success at OSU Tulsa Auditorium (700 N. Greenwood).
This Friday through Sunday is Tax Free Weekend (August 4th-6th)! Oklahoma back to school tax exempt items include clothing and shoes that are less than $100 per item. Click here to learn more.
Around the District
- Ready. Set. Summer! students visit Thunderbird Berry Farm
- Ready. Set. Summer! students visit Camp Okiwanee
- Indian Education Elementary Summer Camp
- Book Bus visits students at Hoover Elementary
Free/Reduced Meal Application is now available
Did you know that the Free/Reduced Price Meal Application supports students with more than just meals? Apply at tulsaschools.org/mealapp
Students who qualify through the Free/Reduced Price Meal application may be eligible for:
- Daily breakfast and lunch meals free of charge or at a discounted cost;
- Discounted or waived college application fees;
- Discounted or waived registration fees for the SAT/ACT;
- Discounted internet bill; and
- Discounted or waived fees for some sports in and out of school.
The application and additional information is available at tulsaschools.org/mealapp
Thanks to federal recovery funds, we were able to invest in air quality improvements in our buildings, Ready. Set. Summer! programming, and enrichment programs to address learning loss. Learn more about ESSER (federal recovery) funding here.
Tulsa Public Schools students lead through literacy, are empowered through experience, and contribute to their community. We honor the diversity, creativity, and passion of our students, elevating every student to be designers of their destiny. Learn more about Pathways to Opportunity, our plan for the next five years.