Back to School events
We hope you will stop by any of these back to school events to pick up school supplies and resource information to get your child ready for the first day of classes!
- Saturday, August 14 from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.: North Tulsa Economic Development Initiative (NTEDi)’s 17th annual North Tulsa Back 2 School Parent/Community Enrichment event at Pine Premier Child Care (518 E. Pine St.)
- Saturday, August 14 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Tulsa Public Schools and Coalition of Hispanic Organizations’ 5th annual Back to School Community Resource Fair at Hicks Park Community Center (3443 S. Mingo Rd.)
- Saturday, August 14 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Tulsa Public Schools Parent Resource Center Back to School Bash, at the Alcott Building (525 E. 46th St. N.)
- Wednesday, August 18 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.: Indian Education Program’s school supply giveaway at the Indian Education offices at the Grant Building (7635 E. 42nd Pl.) Families must bring their student’s tribal citizenship card if they don't have one on file.
- Wednesday, August 18 from 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.: Caring Van immunization clinic at the Enrollment Center (2819 S. New Haven Ave) for incoming pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, and 7th grade students who need vaccinations.
- Thursday, August 19 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.: Indian Education Program’s school supply giveaway at the Indian Education offices at the Grant Building (7635 E. 42nd Pl.)
Classes start on Thursday, Aug. 19
We can’t wait to see you back on campus on Thursday, Aug. 19, 2021! Here are some important things to know and do to prepare for a strong start to the year:
- Keep us updated. Complete your child’s Back to School Information Form by logging onto SmartChoice at enroll.tulsaschools.org.
- Stay healthy. Protect your child and everyone else in school with a COVID-19 vaccination. Anyone ages 12 and older can be vaccinated; make an appointment today at vaccinate.oklahoma.gov.
- Get prepared. Check your child’s school bell-times, bus schedules, school supply lists, and uniform requirements.
- Be safe. Our expectation is that every adult and student wears a mask at all times indoors and outdoors when in the presence of others. Click here for more information about COVID-19 safety at Tulsa Public Schools.
- Mark your checklist. You can find elementary and secondary student back to school checklists on our website at www.tulsaschools.org/backtoschool.
Technology for the start of school
Students will continue to use Canvas this year. If you do not have your student’s login directions and credentials, please reach out to your school before the first day of classes. If you did not return your Chromebook and Chromebook charger at the end of last school year, please make sure your student brings both items with them on the first day of classes.
Before- and After- Learning Care Career Fair
We are hiring full- and part-time youth service workers to support Before- and After- Learning Care Programs across the district. Please join us for a Career Fair on Tuesday, August 17 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Wilson Teaching and Learning (2710 E. 11th St.) in Room 121. Contact TPSinfo@tulsaschools.org or 918-833-9574 to apply or learn more.
Our COVID-19 Case Count for the period of August 6- August 12 will be available here by 5 p.m. today. You can also find the COVID-19 Case Count for previous weeks on our website at www.tulsaschools.org/casecount.