This evening, Chief Operations Officer Jorge Robles presented an update on our COVID-19 health data to our Board of Education. The update included a review of the key data that the district uses to assess health and safety conditions in the district and surrounding areas.
Insights from tonight’s data review include:
Foundational Health Care Metrics
- Trends have decreased over the last week across country, state, and county.
- The new UK variant more infectious; likely present in our state, but there are no identified major outbreaks locally.
- Hospitalizations remain at high levels in Tulsa County.
Early Warning Indicators
- Our district case counts remain stable at a low level.
- We are continuing to work with the Tulsa Health Department to provide vaccination for our team members in the 65+ age group, school nurses, and school health assistants. To date, nearly 300 team members have received their first round of vaccination shots.
Foundational System Metrics
- Staffing levels for teacher and support professionals are areas of concern that we continue to monitor closely.
- We are seeing a small increase in applications to vacant positions, but those have not yet translated into positions filled.