Superintendent Gist shared the message below with Tulsa Public Schools parents and families on Thursday, March 4. If you did not receive this message, please take a few minutes to update your contact information. Visit our expanded learning page for more information.
Dear parents and families,
I am writing to share some exciting information about the academic, social, and emotional supports that Tulsa Public Schools will be providing to all students during the next 18 months. We know that the last year has been challenging for everyone and students across all grade levels will need additional support as we shift from pandemic response to post-COVID learning experiences. As we launch these new expanded programs, I wanted to let you know what they will look like.
In the coming months, we will provide extra support to our students and families in the following ways:
Throughout the spring:
- We will continue our Care and Connect hours on Wednesdays, focusing on students with the greatest needs.
- We will launch Operation Graduation, a program that will help us ensure that all high school seniors are on track to graduate with their peers in May, by providing dedicated one-on-one support, tutoring, and holding senior boot camps.
- We will offer additional support for our seniors and juniors with our new Twilight Academy that will provide flexible evening opportunities.
- We will launch Ready. Set. Summer!, a summer learning and enrichment program that will give every Tulsa student access to fun, engaging, and supportive summer learning experiences at no cost.
- We will support community partners as they provide summer enrichment activities for Tulsa children, beginning in June and running through August.
- We will welcome students back to campus from July 6 until July 30 for a month of fun and exciting learning experiences at summer day-camps at their home schools.
In the 2021-2022 school year:
- We will expand access to out-of-school time activities for students by providing before- and after-care free of charge at every elementary school in our district during the 2021-2022 school year.
- We will work with our community partners to provide fun and exciting after school activities for students in the elementary and middle grades, while ensuring that our high school students have more opportunities for enrichment activities and for small-group and one-on-one tutoring.
- We will ensure that every student in our district has access to tutoring in either virtual, one-on-one, or small group settings.
We are thrilled to be able to offer these extra learning opportunities to our families and are ready to help in any way that we can. Please visit www.tulsaschools.org/summer for more information and to pre-register for our summer day-camps.
Deborah A. Gist