Please note: Beginning in March, the Parent Update will move to a biweekly distribution schedule – keep an eye out for new editions on the first and third Tuesdays of each month.
Get help completing your FAFSA so you can get free money for college or trade school! FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid and completing one is the most important thing you can do to get free money for college or advanced job training. Join us at our last FAFSA event for one-on-one help with your application:
- Thursday, March 2 from 4:30-7:30pm at Parent Resource Center (525 E. 46th St. N).
Even if you might not qualify for state or federal funding, completing your FAFSA is an application requirement for many colleges, universities, tech schools, and scholarships!
Spanish interpretation will be provided. Click here for more information about FAFSA.
School calendar reminders for March. There are no classes on Thursday, March 9 for teacher professional learning and Friday, March 10 for parent/teacher conferences. Contact your child’s school for information about scheduling time for your conference. We will be on spring break March 13-17, and classes will resume on Monday, March 20. Click here to view the 2022-2023 school calendar.
Students are invited to earn volunteer hours with Meals on Wheels of Metro Tulsa! From March 13-17, a special volunteer initiative will allow students, families, and members of Team Tulsa to volunteer their time to deliver a meal and caring contact to elderly or disabled homebound people in their community. Students and team members can click here to learn more or to sign-up. Everyone is encouraged to bring the family along! Students may receive two service hours per delivery shift, with the ability to work multiple shifts that week. For more information, call 918-922-8428 or email Scott Copeland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kravis Summer Arts Camp scholarship application is now open! The Kravis Summer Arts Camp provides an opportunity for students from across Tulsa to express their creativity and be immersed in the fine arts for two full weeks each summer. Camp runs from Monday, June 5 - Friday, June 16 from 8:30am to 2pm at Key Elementary School (grades 1st-8th) and The University of Tulsa (grades 9th-12th). Register by Friday, March 31 for early bird tuition of $175. Click here to learn more about Kravis Summer Arts Camp.
Scholarship opportunities are available for qualifying students! Camp enrollment will open by the end of March, but the scholarship application is open now, and the application deadline is Friday, March 3. You can click here to apply for a scholarship.
Free events for families at the Parent Resource Center! Our Parent Resource Center (525 E. 46th St. N.) provides support services to Tulsa Public Schools parents and families free of charge. These are just some of the events happening soon:
- Ongoing: Free tax preparation for families with an annual household income of $60,000 or less. Services by appointment only. Click here to schedule.
- Monday, March 6 and 20 from 9-10am: Learn how to ensure your child’s transitions in life are managed, supported, and embraced as they grow. Breakfast is included!
- Thursday, March 16 from 5:30-7:30pm: Join us for Parent Resource Night and learn skills to help in navigating the special education process.
- Thursday, March 23 from 6-7:30pm: Join us for a virtual Parent Academy Night on the topic of “Reading Facts - The ABCs of Reading.” Click here to register.
Click here for more information about the Parent Resource Center and upcoming events.
Two days left to sign up for Indian Education programs in the 2023-2024 school year! The deadline to complete the form for your child to receive services from our Indian Education team in the 2023-2024 school year is coming up on Thursday, March 2. Click here to complete it today or stop by our Indian Education office (7635 E. 42nd Place) to complete and submit it in-person. If you are registered for the current school year, you do not need to sign up again. For help, call 918-833-8360 or email email@example.com.
- Ongoing: free tax prep and filing at the Parent Resource Center. Click here for more details.
- Thursday, March 2: deadline for Native American families to fill out a 506 form in order to receive benefits from our Indian Education team.
- Friday, March 3: deadline to apply for a Kravis Summer Arts Camp scholarship.
- Thursday, March 9: no classes for teacher professional learning.
- Friday, March 10: no classes for parent/teacher conferences. Contact your child’s school for information about scheduling time for your conference.
- March 13- 17: spring break! Classes will resume Monday, March 20. Click here to view the 2022-2023 school calendar.
- March 13-17: students can earn volunteer hours with Meals on Wheels of Metro Tulsa. Click here for more information or to sign up!
Seen around our district
- Student athletes committed to playing college sports during National Signing Day!
- Students at Owen Elementary learned song and dance skills from professionals as part of Tulsa Ballet's Project Create!
- Students at Anderson Elementary created vision boards for Black History Month using words that they felt could change the world!
- Will Rogers College High School band students got to unbox their brand new uniforms! Each Tulsa Public Schools high school band received new uniforms this year thanks to Tulsa voters approving the 2021 Bond. Thank you!
Thanks to federal recovery funds, we were able to invest in air quality improvements in our buildings, Ready. Set. Summer! programming, and enrichment programs to address learning loss. Learn more about ESSER (federal recovery) funding here.
Tulsa Public Schools students lead through literacy, are empowered through experience, and contribute to their community. We honor the diversity, creativity, and passion of our students, elevating every student to be designers of their destiny. Learn more about Pathways to Opportunity, our plan for the next five years.