Tulsa Public Schools has partnered with the USDA, Go Fresh, and Food on the Move to participate in their Farm to Families Food Boxes program. We partnered with this amazing program to show our gratitude for you and all that you do for our students and families.
Running through at least the end of June, Team Tulsa teachers and support staff will have access to FREE weekly food boxes. Each 27-pound food box will contain fresh fruits and vegetables and dairy items like cheese, milk, and yogurt. Pick-up days will be held in the parking lot of the Education Service Center, located at 3027 S. New Haven Ave.
Distribution of food boxes will be contactless and will follow all necessary safety and social distancing guidelines. Here’s how it will work:
- Arrive at the Education Service Center between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. on any of the pick-up days listed below (please do not arrive earlier than 10 a.m.);
- When arriving, use the 31st street entrance to the parking lot;
- Drive up to the distribution location;
- Pop your trunk so that a staff member can place a box in your trunk; and
- Exit on the north side of the parking lot onto New Haven Ave.
Farm to Families Food Boxes pick-up days at the ESC are scheduled for the following days:
- June 4 from 10 a.m. to 12p.m.
- June 11 from 10 a.m. to 12p.m.
- June 18 from 10 a.m. to 12p.m.
- June 25 from 10 a.m. to 12p.m.
Based on feedback and challenges that we encountered on our first distribution day on May 28, our Campus Police and Facilities teams are working hard to improve the structure of the pick-up lines to help ease congestion, wait times, and traffic flow. As you are making plans to attend the food box pick-up, please be patient and remember to observe traffic laws while being courteous of other drivers on the road. Do not block intersections or impede the flow of traffic for other drivers.
In case you are unable to visit the ESC to pick up a food box, Food on the Move is also distributing boxes from other locations throughout Tulsa. Visit their website at www.foodonthemoveok.com/events for details and to find other locations. We are incredibly grateful for our generous community partners who have made this opportunity possible for our district support staff and teachers. We will let you know if this program is able to continue past June 25.