There is nothing more important than keeping our students, teachers, and community safe. When students return to the classroom, school will look and feel different as we follow the safety protocols designed to help keep Tulsans healthy.
Safety Practices Before School
- Parents and guardians must complete the Student Health Screening Questionnaire before school.
- If the response to any of the screening questions is “YES,” students should be kept at home.
- Students must have a mask that covers the nose and mouth before they can board the bus.
- While every child should bring a mask to school, we will provide masks for students who need them.
- Students will have opportunities for mask breaks across the day.
Student Arrival and Dismissal
- By car: Parents and guardians should stay in their cars when dropping off and picking up students.
- On foot: Parents and guardians should leave their students with school staff at drop-off and pick-up students outside of the building at dismissal.
- Only students, teachers, and essential district support professionals and partners can enter the building.
- Parents and guardians picking up students early may enter the front office.
- Parents and guardians can make appointments for any meetings that cannot take place online or by phone.
Safety Practices at School
- All students and adults must wear masks that cover the nose and mouth.
- Students will spend the day with their classmates and will not mix with other groups.
- Sharing of school supplies will be limited to student “pods,” and materials will be disinfected at the end of each day.
- Student transitions between spaces in the building will be limited.
- Student lunch-times will be staggered by class to allow for distancing in the cafeteria.
- Students will have extra time during the day for hand-washing and sanitizing, including before and after meals.
- Students will be outside more and will be able to use school playgrounds.
Keeping Schools and Classrooms Clean
- Shared spaces, materials, and equipment will be cleaned and disinfected between uses.
- High-touch areas - such as doorknobs, handrails, and sinks - will be sanitized throughout the day.
- School buildings will be cleaned and disinfected at the end of each day.
- Any person entering the building must wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth.
- Masks must cover the nose and mouth.
- Masks should be two or more layers.
- Masks must be worn any time or place where other people are present.
- Masks may be removed at mealtimes, outdoors, and during mask breaks.
- Parents will be notified for the first two incidents of students not following mask requirements; a third incident may result in students returning to distance learning.
- Area used by student or staff member closed off and disinfected
- School completes contact tracing
- School notifies individuals who had “close contact”*
- School notifies district and local health officials as needed
- Moved to separate room (with supervision) → School contacts parent or guardian → parents or guardian picks student up
- Staff member
- At building entry → Not allowed in building and sent home
- During the day ---> Sent home
If your child is exposed to COVID-19, the school will contact you directly. Please make sure your email and phone number are up to date.
*"Close contact" as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period at less than 6 feet of distance from a person with a confirmed or potential case of COVID-19 starting from 2 days before the onset of illness.