This evening, Chief Operations Officer Jorge Robles presented an update on our COVID-19 health data to our Board of Education. The update included a review of the key data that the district uses to assess health and safety conditions in the district and surrounding areas.
Insights from tonight’s data review include:
Foundational Health Care Metrics
- Rates have continued to decrease and we are now at levels not seen since July.
- We must continue to follow safety practices and do our part to ensure that rates go even lower to keep our students and team members safe.
Early Warning Indicators
- Case counts remain low after two full weeks of being back in in-person learning.
- Continue to be available across the week
- Regular emails to our team as spots become available; rescheduling any second round team members who missed their appointments
- Rapid testing:
- Starting rapid testing screening this week and continue training designated site staff.
- Continued to process opt ins from families and staff.
Foundational System Metrics
- We continue to monitor staffing daily across schools teams and support professionals - no meaningful changes from last week’s update.
- We continue to work on delivering additional PPE to schools based on requests, and on providing support & guidance for safety protocols.
- Support professionals
- No changes from last week’s report on operations teams.
- Continue to provide supports and work on recruitment
- School site staffing
- Monitoring staffing levels daily.
- Schools actively managing through absences/leaves.
- Needs remain consistent, and we continue to work on recruiting efforts.
- Number of applicants have slowly started to increase but not significant increase in active subs filling requests.
- PPE & Safety equipment
- We continue to have necessary stock of PPE supplies and we have been delivering to schools per requests.