Every Friday at Monroe Demonstration Academy is Parents of Success Day.
“We want to be able to provide opportunities for our parents to come up to Monroe and get the help they need to make sure they have everything they need to feel empowered to help with their child’s education,” said Principal Rob Kaiser.
The school posts a sign-up form on their Facebook page each week. There are 40 spots available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. During the thirty-minute one-on-one sessions, parents can learn how to:
- Add Powerschool to their phone;
- Use Canvas and see their student’s work;
- See their student’s updated grades;
- Support their student with distance learning;
- Contact their child's teacher / administration; and
- Help their student improve their grades.
Monroe plans to continue Parents of Success each week, no matter what mode of learning students are in – distance or in-person.
The school also offers Care and Connect hours for students on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. and on Saturday 8:30-12 p.m. The sign-up form will be sent out to parents each week and posted on Facebook.