A Message from Board President Shawna Keller and Superintendent Deborah A. Gist
Dear friends, partners, and supporters,
We are so pleased to share the Tulsa Public Schools 2018-2019 Annual Report with you! In these pages, you will read about the important work happening throughout our district to transform academic, personal, and social outcomes for the nearly 40,000 young people we serve. We hope that you enjoy learning about the ways Tulsa teachers and school leaders are cultivating joyful and engaging learning experiences that prepare every child for the greatest success in college, careers, and life.
While we continue to face significant challenges, including chronic underfunding of public education and a state-wide teacher shortage, we are also seeing promising gains in reading and math growth and celebrating that our number of high school graduates has increased for five consecutive years. We certainly have much more work to do to become our nation's destination for excellence in teaching and learning, but we are making meaningful progress on our journey.
Thank you for your continued support of Tulsa teachers, children, families and schools.
- Board President Shawna Keller
- Superintendent Deborah A. Gist
Our mission is to inspire and prepare every student to love learning, achieve ambitious goals, and make positive contributions to our world.
We are the destination for extraordinary educators who work with our community and families to ignite the joy of learning and prepare every student for the greatest success in college, careers, and life.
2018-2019 Tulsa Board of Education
- President Shawna Keller
- Vice President Suzanne Schreiber
- Ruth Ann Fate
- Brian Hosmer
- Jennettie Marshall
- Jania Wester
- Stacey Woolley
2018-2019 Leadership Team
- Superintendent Deborah Gist
- Deputy Superintendent Paula Shannon
- General Counsel Jana Burk
- Chief Innovation Officer Andrea Castañeda
- Chief Financial Officer Nolberto Delgadillo
- Chief Information and Analytics Officer Stephen Fedore
- Chief Talent and Learning Officer Devin Fletcher
- Chief Operations Officer Jorge Robles