Early Childhood Parent Council
The Early Childhood Parent Council is a diverse group of parents and caregivers from Tulsa that serve as a voice and give input for early childhood programs, services, and support with building strong partnerships across the district and community. Families are partners in providing high-quality, equitable services and learning experiences for all students. We respect and value all voices and perspectives with a mission of learning from each other's differences.
- Provide Tulsa Public Schools early childhood team with feedback and insight about our early childhood programs.
- Support parents in advocating for and actively engaging in their child’s education.
Early childhood parent council 2022-2023
Early Childhood Parent Council 2021 - 2022
- What are the requirements to join the parent council?
- When do the Parent Council meetings start?
- How often are the meetings? How long are the meetings?
- Do I have to attend every meeting?
- How long do I have to be on the council?
- Do we get paid for being on the council?
- I do not have childcare. Can my children attend the meeting?
- The meetings are during dinner time. What if my children or I can’t get dinner before the meeting starts?
- What if I want to join but do not have transportation to get to the meetings?
- Are there translators available at the meetings?
INTERESTED IN JOINING?
- New applications will be accepted at the beginning of every school year.
- Our applications will be reviewed to ensure the council represents all of the Tulsa Public Schools' community.
- We will accommodate the language needs of any interested parent.
- The parent must have an incoming pre-k or kindergarten students at Tulsa Public Schools.
- Members are making a commitment to meet once a month at Wilson Teaching and Learning.