Applying to College
The college application process can be overwhelming, but it doesn't have to be!
Use the resources below to get tips about the college application process: from how to make your time in high school count, to preparing for your admissions interview, to advice on asking your teachers for letters of recommendation. Whatever stage of the application process you're in, we've got you covered!
- Khan Academy's College Admissions Guide - This comprehensive videos series covers all steps of the college application process and includes interviews with admissions officers from across the country.
- Common App - The Common App allows you to apply for nearly 900 colleges with a single application. The site has a number of helpful resources for students applying to college and planning for the future:
- Path to College provides college preparation and planning for students from middle school through 12th grade.
- Application Guide for First-Time Students
- Application Guide for Transfer Students
- My Future - This site helps young adults plan their next steps in life by bringing together the most recently available information about colleges, careers and military service opportunities from the U.S. Departments of Commerce, Defense, Education and Labor.
- The College Planning Timeline helps ensure that you're taking the right steps as early as freshman year.
- The College Application Process section of My Future provides detailed advice about planning your college search, completing applications, and timelines.
- College Interview Tips