Put your college planning on track, by looking for money you don’t have to pay back!
Oklahoma’s Promise allows eighth-, ninth- or 10th-grade students from families with an income of $55,000 or less to earn a college tuition scholarship. Students must also meet academic and conduct requirements in high school.
To enroll in the Oklahoma's Promise program, the student must be:
- an Oklahoma resident;
- enrolled in the eighth, ninth or 10th grade in an Oklahoma high school (homeschool students must be age 13, 14 or 15); and
- a student whose parents earn $55,000 or less per year.*
Special income provisions may apply to:
- Children adopted from certain court-ordered custody and children in the custody of court-appointed legal guardians.
- Families receiving Social Security disability and death benefits.
Additional documentation may be required. Contact the Oklahoma's Promise office for more information.
Applications must be:
- Completed during the school year in the student's eighth-, ninth- or 10th-grade year (for homeschool students, the application must be completed while the student is age 13, 14 or 15) and
- Witnessed by the student's parent(s), custodial parent(s) or legal guardian(s) who also agree to help the student comply with Oklahoma's Promise requirements.
Tulsa Achieves provides up to 100 percent of tuition and fees to Tulsa County residents who are graduating high school seniors and enroll at Tulsa Community College the fall after they graduate. The program pays for up to 63 college credit hours or up to three years of college, whichever comes first.
- Must be a high school graduate living in Tulsa County (includes public, private or home-schooled students)
- Must have a 2.0 GPA or higher
How to apply for Tulsa Achieves:
- Only 2020 high school seniors residing in Tulsa County are eligible to apply.
- Tulsa County High School seniors must follow this step-by-step process in order to receive the Tulsa Achieves scholarship.
- It is recommended that students start the process in early October to allow time to complete each step.
The Tulsa Community College My Dream Scholarship mirrors Tulsa Achieves and allows eligible students to attend TCC at no cost for up to 3 years. The deadline to apply is 5:00pm, May 15th, 2020.
- Student must be a graduating HS senior in Tulsa or Rogers County
- Must have a minimum HS cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Must enroll in TCC as a degree-seeking student
- Student must not receive any state or federal financial aid
- Award recipients will be required to attend an orientation at the Tulsa Community College Education Outreach Center for an introduction to Tulsa Community College advising services during the first semester of enrollment
- Student must complete the online application for both Tulsa Community College admissions and the My Dream scholarship
- Renewable with 2.0 semester GPA
- Student must complete a minimum of 9 hours per semester with a passing grade
- Students must provide an official transcript of grades and a schedule of upcoming classes for each semester
- In the event a student's semester GPA falls below 2.0, or student does not pass 9 credit hours he or she will be on probation and will be required to submit an essay detailing lessons learned and plans for improving GPA going forward
- Award annually for up to 3 years or 63 credit hours (whichever comes first)
- Scholarship award is for up to $2,400 per semester for fall/spring for a maximum of 6 consecutive semesters
- Summer award will be determined by academic performance during the previous spring semester
How to apply
Students can apply by going to My Dream Scholarship.
Tulsa Tech offers a variety of financial aid options for those who qualify. Some of their offerings include:
Accelerating Independence Scholarship
Tulsa Tech offers the opportunity to attend tuition free with the Accelerating Independence Scholarship. This GAP scholarship is available to students through the age of 23 who have graduated from any of our in-district public, private, parochial, charter, or home-schools. Applicants must have a GED certificate or a high school transcript and complete the FAFSA.
Tulsa Works Scholarship
The Tulsa Works Scholarship covers 100% of tuition for students through the age of 23 with a GED or high school diploma from any of Tulsa Tech’s in-district, public, parochial, or home-schools. Applicants must complete the FAFSA and must be enrolled in a 525-hour program.
Career and Technology Student Organization Scholarship (CTSO)
CTSO Scholarships of up to $2,500 is available to current student members of Career and Technology Student Organizations (CTSO) who place first, second, or third in state CTSO competitive activities or who are elected as CTSO officers at the organizations’ district, state, or national levels. This scholarship may be used within two academic years from when the contest was won or the student was elected an officer.
Financial Needs Scholarship
Financial Needs Scholarships of up to $500 per year is available to students with demonstrated financial need not met by other sources of financial assistance.
Junior Achievement Scholarship
One Junior Achievement Scholarship, of up to 600 clock hours, is available to graduating seniors who have completed the Junior Achievement School Program.
The Pathways Scholarship is available to individuals in one of four of the following groups:
- Who have primarily been homemakers and have become separated, divorced, widowed, or whose spouse has become disabled;
- Single, pregnant women and single parents who are not married but who have custody of a child or children;
- Students who desire to work in occupations that are non-traditional for their gender; or
- Diverse populations. This scholarship covers a portion of the tuition cost and 100% of required books.
Military Tuition Waiver
Oklahoma veterans are eligible to attend one full time program tuition free. Applicants must have served active duty in the U.S. Military and have been honorably discharged within the last 15 years.
Oklahoma Army & Air National Guard Tuition Waivers
Members of the Oklahoma Army and Air National Guard are eligible to attend tuition free. Applicants must be residents of Oklahoma and must submit documentation of certification by the Adjutant General as a member of the Oklahoma Army or Air National Guard in good standing.
Partner School Scholarship
Partner School Scholarships of up to $2,500 is available to students who have graduated from Tulsa Tech’s public partner school districts.
Tulsa Tech Education Foundation Scholarship
The Tulsa Tech Education Foundation offers scholarships to assist with tuition, books, uniform, test fee, and other costs.
There are a never-ending amount of scholarships out there ranging from academic to athletic to needs-based. Below are just a few more links in which to navigate and begin working through scholarships that may be applicable to your child and household. Click on the organization or scholarship name to learn more.
Scholars receive a certificate of recognition from the State Board of Education and their high school, a gold seal affixed to their diploma, and the honor recorded on their official transcript.
More than 200 scholarships of which more than 130 have a convenient and easy online application process.
Scholarship funds at TCF annually provide approximately $20 million in educational aid for students at institutions of higher learning. Eligibility criteria varies.
The leading online resource in finding scholarships to help you pay for school with the ability to navigate targeted scholarships, financial aid, college searches, and even locating over 10,000 available part-time jobs.
Search for scholarships and grants through personalized searches, keywords, and navigating scholarships by major, religion and more.
Explore more than $14B worth of scholarships, awards, and grants, including ones from Unigo, schools, privately-owned companies, and a host of other public, private, and other sources.
Register to get free access to more than 5 million college scholarships. Find college scholarships that match your skills, activities, and interests based on your profile and set up customized alerts to notify you when a new scholarship that matches your profile becomes available.