Social Distancing in District Offices
The best way to prevent COVID-19 illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. Given that the virus is spread primarily from person-to-person, staff members will be expected to maintain six feet of distance between one another at all times, to the extent that this is feasible. Additionally, staff members working at desks or in offices should minimize instances where they are directly facing another staff member for an extended period of time. This may require adjustments to staff working spaces.
- We encourage staff to continue to practice safe distancing when possible even when wearing a mask.
- We posted physical distancing guidelines (posters / announcements).
- We provided markings on the floors to promote distancing and manage foot traffic flow to reduce employee contact in high-traffic areas.
- We removed chairs / furniture in common areas as needed.
- Break rooms are available for lunch, at limited capacity due to social distancing. Please adhere to the capacity limits which are posted. Social distance guidelines must be adhered to at all times.
- Employees may eat at their desks.
- If outside tables are available for use, social distance guidelines must be adhered to at all times.
- If using a common area to eat, employees must wipe down the table after use.
Elevators and Stairwells
- Elevators should maintain a maximum capacity of two people.
- Mason Building: Floors 1-3 Please use stairs.
- Stairwells should have one-way use only; stairwells will be clearly marked with directional arrows.
- Bathrooms will each have a respective capacity maximum posted; staff are to adhere to the posted capacity maximum