Quarantine Procedures for TPS Staff
COVID-19 QUARANTINE AND ISOLATION GUIDANCE
- We will align our isolation and quarantine practices with the CDC.
- Individuals who have tested positive should isolate for five days. If they are asymptomatic or their symptoms are resolving (without fever for 24 hours), individuals may return to school followed by five days of wearing a mask when around others.
- For individuals who have been exposed, we will not require quarantining. Students and team members may choose to self-quarantine if they have been exposed.
- Symptomatic or positive students or team members should stay at home and monitor their symptoms.
- Isolation is used to separate people infected with COVID-19 from those who are not infected.
- People who are in isolation should stay home until it’s safe for them to be around others. At home, anyone sick or infected should separate from others, stay in a specific “sick room” or area, and use a separate bathroom (if available).
- What to do:
- Monitor your symptoms. If you have an emergency warning sign (including trouble breathing), seek emergency medical care immediately.
- Stay in a separate room from other household members, if possible.
- Use a separate bathroom, if possible.
- Avoid contact with other members of the household and pets.
- Don’t share personal household items, like cups, towels, and utensils.
- Wear a mask when around other people if able.
Important: The district conducts its own internal contact tracing and notifies the Tulsa Health Department of all positive cases. We will contact you via phone and/or e-mail if we believe you have had close contact at work with someone who is positive or presumed to be positive for COVID-19. Please make sure that the district has your current personal phone number on file.
Do NOT come to work and call your supervisor if:
- You are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, including:
- Fever (100.4o Fahrenheit or higher) or feeling feverish (chills, sweating)
- New cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle aches or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Congestion or runny nose
If you begin experiencing COVID-19 symptoms while at work, isolate yourself or maintain as much physical distance as possible between yourself and others and contact your supervisor immediately