In order to provide the best services for our students, we know that our team needs to first take care of themselves. That's why Tulsa Public Schools offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage options for eligible employees. Our wide variety of plan options ensures that you will find the perfect plan to meet your needs.
Save on insurance premiums
$594.90 per month towards health insurance premiums
$11 per month towards dental insurance premiums
- When can I sign up for insurance?
- When does my health insurance start?
- What if I don't need insurance?
- Where can I learn more about 2019 plan offerings?
- How do I make changes to my insurance?
- Can I keep my insurance after separating from the district?
Benefits are effective the first of the month following your start date once your enrollment paperwork has been submitted and will remain in effect until December 31. If you experience a qualifying life event and need to add or drop dependents you are eligible to do so within 30 days of the qualifying event. Depending on the date of enrollment, premium deductions and contributions may not appear on your first paycheck.
Tulsa Public Schools' open enrollment period occurs once a year. Midyear plan changes are allowed only when a qualifying event such as a birth, marriage, or the loss of other group coverage occurs. To make changes to your coverage, you must complete the insurance change form within 30 days of the event and submit the form to Compensation and Benefits.
Depending on your circumstance, there are several ways to keep your insurance when you separate from the district.
- COBRA allows most employees to maintain group health insurance and take over paying their own premiums after a separation.
- If you have worked for Tulsa Public Schools for 10 years or more, insurance may be available to you after separating from the district through the state of Oklahoma. For more information, contact us.