Leaves of Absence
At Tulsa Public Schools, we provide a generous package of paid leave to eligible employees, including sick, vacation, personal business, emergency and bereavement leave, among others. Sometimes situations arise where you need to be away from work for an extended period for personal or family reasons. Eligible team members who have worked for the district for at least 12 months and for at least 1,250 hours in the last 12 months may be entitled to up to 12 weeks/60 days of unpaid leave for qualifying reasons under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In addition, we offer extended leave when eligible team members need extended time away from work. More details about the different leave types we provide to eligible team members are available here. If you need time away from work, our team is here to help you understand what leave may be available to you and support you in the process.
- I need time away for my own medical condition
- I NEED TO CARE FOR A FAMILY MEMBER WHO HAS A MEDICAL CONDITION
- THERE'S BEEN AN EMERGENCY OR DEATH IN MY FAMILY
- I NEED TO CARE FOR A NEWBORN BABY OR NEWLY PLACED ADOPTED OR FOSTER CHILD
- I WAS INJURED WHILE AT WORK
- I need leave for military duty
- I WANT TO PURSUE FURTHER STUDY OR TAKE A SABBATICAL