Tulsa Beyond teachers and staff will be on the ground spearheading efforts to transform the high school experience. They will be the champions for change throughout the district as they focus their daily work on implementing these new, innovative school models.
Tulsa Beyond Teachers and Staff are:
- Equity-centered: Acknowledges contribution of students, their families, and the community. Provides supports to match student need.
- Data-informed: Grounds decisions and plans in evidence and uses a variety of methods to track progress toward measurable goals.
- Highly Collaborative: Works collaboratively with colleagues, students, and other stakeholders to improve student outcomes.
- Transformational: Assumes responsibility for transforming the student experience. Reflects critically to identify professional challenges and actively works to learn and grow. Willfully seeks out and incorporates feedback to optimize performance.
working in a Tulsa Beyond School
As a teacher in a Tulsa Beyond high school, your primary goal will be to help students develop skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, collaboration, conflict resolution, and communication that are needed to thrive in a rapidly changing world. Whether your assignment is to facilitate rigorous personalized learning opportunities, deliver cross curricular blended virtual learning experience, or to cultivate a thought provoking project based learning environment, your work will be grounded in the following design anchors:
- Meaningful relationships within the school
- Relevant, real-world learning experiences
- Personalized learning that meets individual student needs
- Equitable opportunities and safety
- Learning with and within their community