Tulsa Teacher Corps
Help create the world-class schools that our students deserve
Put your belief in Tulsa's future to work in a teaching career with Tulsa Public Schools. Tulsa Teacher Corps offers aspiring teachers the opportunity to join an extraordinary team of educators who work with our community and families to ignite the joy of learning and prepare every student for the greatest success in college, careers, and life.
What is Tulsa Teacher Corps?
Tulsa Teacher Corps provides a rigorous and supportive preparation program for aspiring teachers. Through a competitive selection process, hands-on training in real classrooms, and ongoing support and feedback from experienced educators, Tulsa Teacher Corps is your first step towards a successful and rewarding teaching career.
Our supportive, hands-on teacher preparation program is designed by leading educators at Tulsa Public Schools to address the unique needs of Tulsa students and families. The Tulsa Teacher Corps program prioritizes helping teachers develop the skills and mindsets to create challenging, caring, and joyful classrooms and learning communities.
- Why join Tulsa Teacher Corps?
- What does the program entail?
- What are the requirements to join Tulsa Teacher Corps?
- How do I apply?
- What's the hiring timeline for the Tulsa Teacher Corps?
Tulsa Public Schools seeks great educators who are committed to inspiring and preparing every student to love learning, achieve ambitious goals, and make positive contributions to our world. You'll help shape our community's future and support students to develop their full academic and social potential.
Tulsa Teacher Corps is a tuition-free program which prepares candidates with the skills they need to successfully lead a classroom and for a meaningful career at Tulsa Public Schools. Corps members receive a full teacher's salary and a comprehensive benefits package after summer training, after meeting certification requirements.
- Hands-on training: During an intensive five-week training program working directly with students in a Tulsa Public Schools summer school classroom, you'll develop the skills you need to become a successful teacher, including building a strong classroom culture, creating and delivering challenging lessons, and helping students discover connections between their experiences and academic content. Every step of the way, you'll receive the support and guidance of an experienced Tulsa educator.
- Personalized coaching: Ongoing feedback from an experienced teacher coach is critical to developing instructional mastery. The Tulsa Teacher Corps includes a team of supportive coaches who provide ongoing coaching and feedback, helping you hone your craft and deepen your content knowledge.
- Certification: We will support candidates to pursue certification through existing pathways and will ensure that corps members are equipped with the awareness and knowledge necessary to earn certification.
- Employment: Tulsa's students deserve excellent educators, and we hold corps members to a high bar for success. Those who meet all program requirements and demonstrate that they can help lead students to personal, social, and academic success will be eligible for a teaching job with Tulsa Public Schools. Tulsa Teacher Corps staff members will support corps members through every step of the process from certification through hiring, helping you find the school community that's right for you.
We're seeking corps members from all backgrounds, including paraprofessionals and substitute teachers who already work in our classrooms, recent college graduates looking to build careers in Tulsa, and career changers from other fields looking to make a lasting impact in our community. Research shows that students with teachers who reflect the racial and cultural diversity of their communities perform better academically and socially, so we are committed to recruiting corps members from all walks of life.
To be considered for our program, you must:
- hold a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university;
- have a minimum GPA of 2.5;
- meet all legal requirements to work in the United States;
- pass a criminal background check and drug test before the start of summer training; and
- be available for our five-week intensive summer training.
Interested candidates should visit the Job Opportunities page and select "Tulsa Teacher Corps" from the category list to begin the application process. Selected candidates will be notified within two to three weeks.
Please note: The application period for the Tulsa Teacher Corps 2018-2019 program is currently closed. Applications for the 2019-2020 school year will open in fall 2018.