What are the requirements to join Tulsa Teacher Corps?
We're seeking corps members from all backgrounds, including paraprofessionals and substitute teachers who already work in our classrooms, recent college graduates looking to build careers in Tulsa, and career changers from other fields looking to make a lasting impact in our community. We know that students with teachers who reflect the racial and cultural diversity of their communities perform better academically and socially. We are committed to recruiting a diverse cohort of corps members.
To be considered for our program, you must:
- hold a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- have a minimum GPA of 2.5*
- submit a current resume and names of two references who have supervised your work
- meet all legal requirements to work in the United States
- pass a criminal background check and drug test before the start of summer training
- be available for our six-week intensive summer training
- be willing to teach in Tulsa Public Schools upon completion of training.
*Candidates who already hold certification are exempt from the GPA requirement.