Enrollment Resources for 2021-2022 School Year
Tests and Grade Level Placement
- Was my student promoted?
- My student is coming from homeschooling or a non-accredited educational institution. In what grade level will he/she be enrolled?
- How do I know if my student passed the 3rd-grade reading tests?
- How do I get the reading test verification letter for my student's driver permit/license?
How the lottery works
- If I am placed in my 1st choice, am I included in the lotteries for my lower ranked choices?
- If I am waitlisted in my first choice, then placed in my second choice, do I remain on the waiting list for my 1st choice?
- Am I removed from all waitlists or only lower ranked wait lists upon accepting a seat into a program?
- Can a student be placed or accepted into multiple schools?
- What happens to other placement and wait list placements upon accepting a seat into a program?
- WHAT EARLY CHILDHOOD PROGRAMS ARE INCLUDED IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS?
- IS MY STUDENT GUARANTEED A SEAT AT OUR NEIGHBORHOOD SCHOOL?
- Can my current Pre-K student remain at an out-of-neighborhood school for kindergarten during the 2021-2022 school year without applying for a transfer?
- IF MY CHILD IS CURRENTLY ON THE WAITLIST FOR A PREK, WILL HE OR SHE CONTINUE TO BE ON THE WAITLIST AT THAT SCHOOL NEXT YEAR FOR KINDERGARTEN OR DO I NEED TO REAPPLY?
- HOW OLD DOES MY CHILD HAVE TO BE IN ORDER TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION?
For questions about our pre-K programs or available seats, contact enrollment staff at 918-746-7522, 918-746-7501, or at 918-746-7500. Click here to explore our elementary schools.
We're glad you are interested in our magnet schools and programs. To be considered for acceptance into a magnet school or program, each student must submit a complete application including all required documents.
- Magnet School Application Information / Información para la Solicitud para la Escuela Magnet:
- Elementary / Primaria
- Booker T. Washington: English / Español
- Carver Middle School: English / Español
- Memorial High School: English / Español
- Thomas Edison High School: English / Español
- Thomas Edison Middle School: English / Español
- Will Rogers and Thoreau Middle Schools: English / Español
- Will Rogers High School: English / Español
- HOW ARE STUDENTS ADMITTED TO A CRITERIA-BASED MAGNET SCHOOL?
- MY STUDENT HAS BEEN ENROLLED AND ATTENDING A TULSA PUBLIC SCHOOL. DO I NEED TO PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION OTHER THAN MY ID AND PROOF OF RESIDENCY FOR A CRITERIA-BASED SCHOOL?
- MY STUDENT ATTENDED A SCHOOL OTHER THAN Tulsa public schools. WHAT DOCUMENTATION DO I NEED TO PROVIDE BESIDES MY ID AND PROOF OF RESIDENCY?
- WHAT IF MY CHILD IS NOT SELECTED IN THE INITIAL CRITERIA-BASED SELECTION PROCESS?
- MY CHILD HAS NEVER BEEN ENROLLED IN OR ATTENDED TULSA PUBLIC SCHOOLS. DO I NEED TO ENROLL MY CHILD BEFORE I CAN SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FOR A MAGNET TRANSFER?
- CAN STUDENTS WHO LIVE OUTSIDE THE TULSA PUBLIC SCHOOLS BOUNDARY APPLY FOR A MAGNET TRANSFER?
- I WORK FOR Tulsa Public Schools BUT LIVE OUT OF DISTRICT. MY STUDENT WOULD LIKE TO APPLY TO ONE OF THE MAGNET PROGRAMS OFFERED BY Tulsa Public Schools. DO THE SAME OUT-OF-DISTRICT LIMITATIONS APPLY?
- DO THE OUT-OF-DISTRICT LIMITATIONS PROHIBIT US FROM BEING ADMITTED THROUGH PROGRESSIVE (PREFERENTIAL) ENROLLMENT (I.E. MAYO TO THOREAU)?
- WE LIVED IN THE DISTRICT WHEN WE MADE APPLICATION TO THE MAGNET SCHOOLS, BUT AT THE TIME OF THE ADMISSION PROCESS, WE HAD MOVED OUT OF THE DISTRICT. WILL MY CHILD'S APPLICATION STILL BE CONSIDERED?
- IF I ATTEND ROGERS middle school OR EDISON MIDDLE SCHOOL MAGNET PROGRAMS, DO I STILL NEED TO APPLY TO THE HIGH SCHOOL-LEVEL MAGNET SCHOOL?
- WHAT IS A district-authorized CHARTER SCHOOL?
- CAN ANYONE ATTEND A district-authorized CHARTER SCHOOL? ARE THERE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS?
- WHAT HAPPENS IF THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH AVAILABLE SPACES TO ADMIT ALL STUDENTS THAT APPLY TO A CHARTER SCHOOL?
- ARE district-authorized CHARTER SCHOOLS PUBLIC SCHOOLS?
- HOW ARE district-authorized CHARTER SCHOOLS FUNDED?
- DO district-authorized CHARTER SCHOOLS PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM SCHOOL?
- DO district-authorized CHARTER SCHOOLS CHARGE TUITION?
- ARE district-authorized CHARTER SCHOOLS NON-PROFIT?
- WHAT MAKES district-authorized CHARTER SCHOOLS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER SCHOOLS?
If a student does not live in Tulsa, but wants to attend Tulsa Public Schools.
|Requests between Jan. 1 and May 31
for the following school year
||Open out-of-district transfer|
|Requesting transfer for current school year
||Emergency out-of-district transfer|
- HOW DOES ATHLETIC ELIGIBILITY WORK?
- IF I ENROLL AT MY LOWER-RANKED SCHOOL AND PARTICIPATE IN SUMMER PRACTICES AND CAMPS WITH A TEAM WILL I BE ELIGIBLE TO PLAY SPORTS AT A HIGHER-RANKED SCHOOL IF A SEAT BECOMES AVAILABLE?
- WHAT IF I DID PARTICIPATE IN A SCRIMMAGE OR GAME?
- IF I CHANGE SCHOOLS AFTER HAVING PRACTICED WITH ONE SCHOOL, DO I HAVE TO RE-ENTER EVERYTHING INTO RANK ONE OR WILL MY INFORMATION TRANSFER?
- IF I DECIDE TO APPLY TO A DIFFERENT HIGH SCHOOL AFTER COMPLETING A YEAR AT ONE, AM I ELIGIBLE TO PLAY SPORTS AT THE NEW SCHOOL?
- IF I APPLY FOR A TRANSFER TO (AND ATTEND) A SCHOOL THAT IS NOT MY NEIGHBORHOOD SCHOOL AND DECIDE TO ATTEND MY NEIGHBORHOOD SCHOOL THE FOLLOWING YEAR, AM I ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE?