Central Middle school
At a glance
Senior high athletic programs
Central Middle School's Magnet for Fine and Performing Arts offers thirty-eight fine arts courses, a wide range of athletic programs, and strong academic programming. From football to speech and debate to fashion design and dance, we have learning experiences that meet the needs and interests of young scholars from all walks of life. We are proud to offer an innovative personalized learning model with proven results in advancing academic achievement.
Our students are able to articulate what they are learning, why they are learning it, and pursue that knowledge in the way that best meets their unique learning needs. Our talented students develop into strong leaders who know how to advocate for themselves, pursue their passions and interests, and work toward tirelessly toward academic, personal, and social success.
AT CENTRAL Middle SCHOOL, STUDENTS CAN:
- Engage in creative, productive self-expression through dance, poetry, visual arts, or music and connect with the larger community through art;
- Build strong, meaningful relationships with teachers and staff who are committed to supporting them academically, socially, and emotionally; and
- Prepare for success in college, careers, and life following a century-old tradition of excellence at Central Junior High School.
Central is really diverse and welcoming to new people. People are open and understanding. Central teachers teach that you can always make change with the right attitude. Even though everyone has a different struggle, we work hard for what we want.Central Junior High School student
- Creative Writing/Screenwriting
- Fundamentals Of Technology
- Graphic Design
- Guitar Ensemble
- Instrumental Performance
- Introduction to Business
- Music Recording Art
- Musical Theatre
- Senior Fine Arts Capstone
- Boys Basketball
- Boys Soccer
- Girls Basketball
- Girls Soccer