We are making it easier for families to choose - and stay with - Tulsa Public Schools! Our improved enrollment system ensures that families have an easy and simple process to access the schools that are the best fit for their children.
We will launch our improved enrollment system in the winter of 2019-2020 for families who are enrolling children for the 2020-2021 school year.
With our improved enrollment process, families will:
- Complete just one application for neighborhood, magnet, and our charter schools;
- Select up to 6 schools that meet their child's need and interests; and
- Submit their applications and documents during one enrollment period.
Our enrollment system is designed to ensure that students have access to exceptional learning experiences.
The rules and processes for who is accepted in our school will not change. Neighborhood schools will continue to have boundaries, and families who live within those boundaries will still have first right to their neighborhood school.
- What is different about this enrollment system?
- When and where can I enroll?
- How many school selections can a parent make for their child?
- If I live in my neighborhood school's boundary, do I still have a guaranteed seat to my neighborhood school?
- What schools are participating in the new enrollment process?
- How can I learn more about programs/school models in Tulsa Public Schools?
- How are magnet applications affected? Are the rules, criteria, or priorities that govern who is accepted in magnet schools changing?
- Will my child have access to transportation if I choose a school outside of my neighborhood?
- Is the district changing any of the rules, criteria or priorities that govern who is accepted in schools?
- How does this improved system impact students on a transfer in the 19-20 school year?
- If you don't get your 1st choice on a school and you list 2nd, 3rd, 4th choices, do you still get on the waitlist for your 1st choice?
Our 2020-2021 enrollment period opens on Dec. 9, 2019 and closes on Jan. 31, 2020. Once the new system launches, you will need to create a new account. Then you can use the following options to enroll:
- Enrollment Center
- 2819 S New Haven Ave
- Martin Regional Library
- 2601 S Garnett Rd
- Spanish available
- Zarrow Regional Library
- 2224 W 51st
- Rudisill Regional Library
- 1520 N Hartford Ave
- Tulsa County Library
- 400 Civic Center
Parents will be notified March 15, 2020 of their child's best match and waitlisted for any schools the family ranked higher than the matched school.
Enrolling for the 2019-2020 year is still available on our current system and can be completed here.
Yes. Transportation will be provided. We are redesigning our transportation system to provide services for families who choose a school outside of their neighborhood school.
Transportation services will also continue for magnets, our charter partners, and elementary students who live more than 1.5 miles from their schools and for secondary students who live more than 2 miles away from their schools, as well as for any other students required by law.
Families who do not get their first choice will be waitlisted for any choice higher than the once they were placed at. For example, if a student's choices were:
- Booker T. Washington
- Memorial High School
- East Central High School
If the student is placed at the 3rd choice after the enrollment period, they would be waitlisted at Memorial and Booker T. Washington, and that would be communicated to the parents.
If the student is first on the waitlist for Memorial and a seat opens up, they would be placed at Memorial and given an opportunity to accept or decline that change. Otherwise, we will honor families' declared priorities.
Any and all waitlist movement would end on August 1st to ensure that both schools and families can know where they will be attending school.