Will Rogers College High
At a glance
Are you interested in attending school with a proven track record of success? Will Rogers College High School has graduated numerous internationally renowned writers, musicians, professional athletes, artists, business owners, doctors, and academicians. Since 2011, Rogers has been TPS’s flagship early college academy. Our junior and senior students have an opportunity to take college classes while still in high school. These students have acquired almost half of the nearly 8,000 college credits earned by TPS students.
Our school focuses not only on helping students get into college, but also preparing them to successfully graduate from college. All students are enrolled in College Summit, a specialized class focused on helping students cultivate the self-regulatory skills necessary for college and career success. In addition to academics, Rogers provides students with a wide-range of performing arts opportunities, including instrumental, vocal, and visual arts classes. Students at Rogers also have the opportunity to participate in a variety of co-curricular classes, such as Student Council, ROTC, and Speech and Debate, as well as a plethora of extra-curricular programs, such as athletics, chess, hip hop, cheerleading, etc.
Our 21st Century Grant partner provides our students with numerous opportunities to be engaged in after-school activities at no cost to their families. A National Historic Landmark and Architecture Digest’s choice of the Most Beautiful School in Oklahoma, a visit to Will Rogers College High School is akin to a visit to one of Europe’s greatest architectural wonders. Housed in a majestic school building, our school offers endless possibilities for academically motivated students.
AT Will Rogers College HIGH SCHOOL, STUDENTS CAN:
- Experience a wide range of academic, elective, and athletic offerings;
- Attend a school which offers free after-school activities funded by a 21st Century grant;
- Experience traditions and celebrations of other cultures;
- Prepare for advanced coursework;
- Learn in cooperative groups;
- Develop life skills that apply to school and beyond;
- Become responsible and involved citizens;
- Create a vision for the future which includes post-secondary education;
- Become a member of a team focused on getting as much education as you can to be fully prepared for life; and
- Additionally, Will Rogers JH has a part-time gifted and talented teacher on staff.
I attended Rogers from 7th grade through my senior year. During that time I was fortunate enough to participate in a ton of different activities including student council, football, and the garden club. Rogers truly has a family atmosphere and there are endless possibilities available for everyone. I would not have been as prepared as I was for college if it had not been for the support that I received at Rogers."Will Rogers High School alumnus
Extra-curricular activities or clubs
- Academic Team
- Chess Club
- Girl Power
- Hip Hop Dance
- Ropers For Christ
- Speech & Debate
- Tech Club
- Boys Basketball
- Boys Soccer
- Boys Track
- Girls Basketball
- Girls Soccer
- Girls Track