Exceptional Student Support
Frequently Asked Questions - April 3,2020
TPS Parents and Guardians of Students with Disabilities:
We’d like to share some information with you that will provide answers to some of the most frequently asked questions relating to students with disabilities. Please know that actions taken by our district regarding closures are for the safety of all students and school personnel working with students. We will not be sending any special education staff into student homes to provide direct services. We encourage you to contact us via email at ExceptionalStudents@tulsaschools.org should you have additional questions that have not been addressed in this document.
- What happens to my child’s educational services in a distance learning model?
- What happens to my child’s related services (speech, OT, PT, one-to-one para etc) in a distance learning model?
- How will distance learning impact IEP timelines?
- How will distance learning impact evaluation timelines?
- What can I do at home to help my student in a distance learning model?
Visit tulsaschools.org/coronavirus for the latest information.