Middle School/Junior High
During our period of distance learning, your child will learn through a combination of recorded videos, television programming, and real-time video calls. Students will use the web-based program Canvas to find lessons and complete assignments. Students will also have the opportunity to complete paper-based assignments. Students are not expected to be sitting in front of a computer or television for a specific amount of time - distance learning is designed to be flexible. Students will also have regular check-ins with their teacher. Your child’s teacher will contact you to share more information about learning schedules. You can find links and resources below.
The primary program that students and teachers will use is Canvas.
Instructional packets will be available for students for offline learning. Packets will include daily activities for each ELA and Math, as well as menus of activities for science, social studies, social emotional learning, physical education, music and art.
Packets for all grade levels will be available at each meal site. Packets will be distributed on 4/10, 4/20 and 5/1.
Note: The first packet on 4/10 will include one week of content. The packets available on 4/20 and 5/1 will each include two weeks of content. The packets will also be posted here on the same dates as an additional resource to families.
Students who engage with printed work packets will NOT turn in completed packets. Students will discuss the work they completed in the packets with their teachers during their ongoing, individual check-ins.
- What will the first week of distance learning look like?
- What can I expect during distance learning through the rest of the school year?
- Will assignments during distance learning be graded?
- Will my student receive a grade at the end of the year?
- Will high school students earn credit for their spring semester courses?
- What will the learning day look like?
- How can I prepare for distance learning?
- I do not have internet services at home. How can my child participate in distance learning?
- What websites, programs, or applications will students be using?
- MY CHILD IS HAVING TROUBLE USING THE SCHOOL LAPTOP OR IT IS ASKING FOR AN UPDATE. IS THERE TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT AVAILABLE FOR STUDENTS?
- What if my child breaks or loses their laptop?
- What is my child’s log-in information for Canvas?
- What is my child’s log-in information for the school laptop?
- I haven't heard anything about distance learning. How do I get my student started?
- How do I do distance learning without internet?
- We don't have a computer. Can we borrow one?
- I am an essential employee and am still working. How am I supposed to have time to also teach my child during this time?
- My child is in Special Education. Where can I find more information about distance learning?
- My student’s Individualized Education Program (IEP) is due. How will a meeting be held?
- I did not get a Chromebook. How can I get one and who do I contact?
- I cannot get ahold of my child’s school. Who is the point of contact?
- How is the district keeping Zoom calls secure from hackers?
- Will my student have to complete any end of the year assessments?