Back to School
We are excited to begin the new school year with your child and their peers!
We look forward to seeing our students back in class on time on Wednesday, August 21, 2019! This back to school page is your hub for all of the news and information you need to prepare for a great start to the 2019-2020 school year. We encourage you to bookmark this page and check back often for updates! Starting on August 1, follow #TPSBack2School on our Facebook and Twitter pages to stay up to date on the new school year.
Let’s continue the journey to Destination Excellence together on August 21!
- Find your bus
- Attendance/Bell Times
- Stay Connected
- Breakfast & Lunch
- Student Grades & Records
- School Safety
- Early pick up from school
- Behavior Guide
How do I determine which school my child should attend?
- Enter your home address into Find My School.
To determine the correct bus stop for your child:
- Visit Bus Routes.
- Select your child’s school and find the stop closest to your home.
Who do I call if my child has not returned home from school on time?
- First call your child’s school
- If you do not get an answer, call transportation at 918-833-8100
- Note: buses may run 10-minutes after the posted stop time
Who do talk to about transportation for students with special needs?
- Call our special needs transportation representative at 918-833-8148 or email@example.com.
- Note: There is a 3-5 day processing window for all new applications
TPS students in grades 9-12 can ride Metropolitan Tulsa Transit Authority buses for free any day of the week. Students must present a valid TPS student I.D. Check times using the MTTA Trip Planner at www.tulsatransit.org. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 918-582-2100 for additional information.
- Uniforms are required in all schools.
- Each school has unique uniform requirements; visit your school's website to find your specific dress code requirements.
- Contact the school counselor if you need assistance getting uniforms.
The district and your school use various social media and other communications tools to keep you informed and involved.
- Visit your school's website for their social media channels.
- Follow the district's social media channels.
- Install the SchoolWay app (REMOVE SCHOOLWAY INFO AND REPACE WITH SCHOOLMESSENGER) on your smartphone to receive timely notifications from your selected district, school(s), school organizations, teachers, etc.
To view your child’s grades, attendance and other information:
- Parents - Student Grades
- Select “Create Account” and provide requested information
- Sign in using your created account and password
- Student data, including class schedules, will be available Aug 21.
To request a transcript, visit Student Records/Transcripts.
- Visit School Safety
- Includes TIPS for reporting an incident, school emergency procedures and more.
- Make sure your child's school has your accurate emergency contact information.
- Please obey traffic signs and stay alert when driving in a school zone.
School Starts August 21
Good attendance is vital to every student's academic success.
Please make sure your student arrives at school on time every day.
Be prepared for school
Free immunization clinics will be held at the TPS Enrollment Center throughout August in order to help you prepare for the 2019-2020 school year. See dates, times and more info.