Find It Fast

Icon Boxes

Portal Boxes Container

Find It Fast - Box 1

Find It Fast - Box 2

Find It Fast - Box 3


You may apply to transfer to another TPS school for the 2019-2020 school year starting Monday, Nov. 5, 2018. Here are the dates:

Magnet schools/programs Nov. 5 – Dec. 21, 2018
*New* Neighborhood schools
(not magnet)
Nov. 5, 2018 – March 15, 2019


Magnet Schools Transfer Information

Which schools are magnet schools/programs?

Transferring to a neighborhood school?

Neighborhood schools are those schools that are not magnet schools. You will need to present a parent/guardian photo ID and proof of address to request to transfer to a neighborhood school.

Apply here to transfer to a neighborhood school



Transferring from another school district?

If a student does not live in, but wants to attend a TPS school with Tulsa Public Schools.

Transfers from other districts
request period details application
Requests between Jan. 1 and May 31
for the following school year
(open transfers)
  • Guardians must submit requests to Tulsa Public Schools
  • We can approve or deny an open transfer
  • The sending school district cannot deny this type of transfer
  • This type of transfer is valid for one year and must be renewed each year
Open out-of-district transfer
Requesting transfer for current school year
(emergency transfers)
  • Guardians must submit requests to Tulsa Public Schools.
  • The sending school district can deny approval of an emergency transfer.
  • Emergency transfers are only valid during the applied for school year.
  • This type of transfer may be approved only if specific conditions are met. (see below)
Emergency out-of-district transfer

Specific conditions for emergency transfers
(according to the Oklahoma State Department of Education)

  • Destruction or partial destruction of a school building;
  • Inability to offer the subject a pupil desires to pursue if the pupil becomes a legal resident of a school district after February 1 of the school year immediately prior to the school year for which the pupil is seeking the transfer;
  • Catastrophic medical problem of a student which for purposes of this section shall mean an acute or chronic serious illness, disease, disorder or injury which has a permanently detrimental effect on the body’s system or renders the risk unusually hazardous;
  • Total failure of transportation facilities; (school-provided transportation/bus service)
  • Concurrence of both the sending and receiving districts. The State Department of Education requires the sending district superintendent to sign the application.
  • Unavailability of a specialized deaf education program for a student who is deaf or hearing impaired;
  • Unavailability of remote or on-site internet-based instruction (by course title) for a student identified as in need of drop-out recover or alternative education services, provided such student was enrolled at any time in a public school in this state during the previous three years in the district of residence 70 O.S. § 8-104.
  • When a student has been the victim of harassment, intimidation and bullying as defined in Title 70 O.S. § 24-100.3, upon verification by the receiving district that the student has been the victim of harassment, intimidation or bullying, and that the sending district was notified of the incident(s) prior to the filing of the application for transfer.

This is the top hero image that will appear in the header of the live version of this page

Enrollment Center

2819 S. New Haven Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74114 
Entrance: North doors

Days: Mon. - Fri.
8 a.m. - 4 p.m. 
(Arrive by 3 p.m. for NEW enrollment.)



Please contact the transfer office at 
or visit the Enrollment Center.

You can call Jill at 918-746-6138
or Edye at 918-746-6335.