Free/Reduced Meal Application
Proper nutrition plays an important role in student success. When children have healthy breakfast and lunch options, they are better able to focus on learning. At Tulsa Public Schools, all elementary students receive breakfast and lunch free of charge. Those in secondary grades may be eligible for free and reduced price meals as well. (Approved application letters can then be used to receive additional benefits such as discounts on internet, athletics, and testing fees.)
All families with students at Tulsa Public Schools are encouraged to complete a family meal application. The information provided on these applications can increase Title 1 and state funding dollars that have a direct impact on classroom supplies, transportation, and supports classroom projects and programs.
We encourage everyone to apply online to expedite the processing of your student's application.
|Annual||Monthly||Twice per month||Every two weeks||Weekly|
|For each additional family member, add:||7,992||666||333||308||154|
After submitting an application, you may request a free or reduced cost eligibility approval letter from your school's cafeteria manager or from the child nutrition office at 918-833-8677, 918-833-8690, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do I need to fill out an application for each child?
- No. You may use one application for all students in your household. Be sure to fill in all information and return the completed application to your school cafeteria manager or the child nutrition office.
- Who can get free or reduced-price meals?
- All children in households receiving benefits from SNAP, FDPIR, or TANF;
- Foster children who are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court;
- Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant; and
- Children whose household income is within the limits on the federal Income Eligibility Guidelines.
- My child's application was approved last year. Do I need to fill out a new one?
- Yes. Your child's application is only good for one school year and for the first 30 days of the following school year. You must fill out a new application each school year.
- Will my income be verified?
- This is a federally funded lunch program, so every year, we will randomly select three percent (3%) of all approved applications for verification of income. Parents will be notified via U.S. mail with detailed instructions about how to verify their income.
- If I do not qualify now, may I apply later?
Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year.
- For example, if a child's parent or guardian becomes unemployed and/or your family size increases, you may become eligible for free or reduced cost meals.
- What if I disagree with the school's decision about my application?
You can request a hearing by calling the child nutrition team at 918‑833‑8677 or 918-833-8690. You may also write to the following address:
8934 E. Latimer St.
Tulsa, OK 74115
- May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?
- Yes. You or your children do not have to be U.S. citizens to qualify for free or reduced cost meals.
- Who should I include as members of my household?
- Include ALL people living in your household, related or not, with whom you share income and expenses (this means all relatives and friends, including you and all children/infants). Do not include people that live with you, but who do not share income or expenses with you or your children.
- What if my income is not always the same?
- You should list the amount that you regularly receive.
- What if my child moves to a different school within the district?
- Children already approved for free and reduced cost meals who transfer within the district are not required to complete a new meal application. If your household did not qualify on the original application and there has been a decrease in income or change in family size, submission of a new application might be beneficial.