While schools remain closed as a preventive measure against the spread of COVID-19, we will provide all children ages 18 and under with nutritious meals free of charge.
We are thrilled to share the Oklahoma State Department of Education has granted a waiver to Tulsa Public Schools, which will allow parents and guardians to pick up meals without having your student present. Starting on Friday, April 3, parents and guardians can bring the following forms of ID to receive breakfast and lunch for your child at our meal-sites or bus stops. Parents can use any of the following:
- Student ID;
- School report card;
- Child's passport;
- Child's birth certificate;
- Government-issued child identification card;
- Any document providing parent/guardian identity and relationship to the child, such as an adoption decree; doctor, clinic, or hospital record; religious record; or a daycare center record; or
- Text message sent to all parents/guardians from the district’s short-code (67587) regarding the pick-up of meals without children
You only need to bring ONE of these forms of identification to meal-sites. If you bring identification, your child does not need to be present.
Nothing is more important than keeping our team and families safe.
- Meals will be prepackaged for safety.
- Staff will use gloves and will have hand-sanitizer available.
- Participants are asked to practice social distancing by staying six feet apart.
- If you have cold- or flu-like symptoms, please stay home and follow the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Staff who might be considered high-risk for infection, are experiencing symptoms, or have other concerns about their health and safety will not be working.