Summer Café Meal Sites
UPDATE: Some of our Summer Café mobile meal stops have changed.
Tulsa Public Schools will launch its annual Summer Cafe program on Monday, May 18 and will continue operations of the current grab-and-go meal sites and mobile meals bus stops throughout the summer. Summer Cafe provides nutritious meals free of charge to children ages 18 and under during the summer months. The district will provide “Grab-and-Go” breakfast and lunch meals at approximately 40 sites and deliver “Mobile Meals” to approximately 170 bus sites throughout the city.
We are thrilled to share the Oklahoma State Department of Education has granted a waiver to Tulsa Public Schools, which will allow parents and guardians to pick up meals without having your student present. Parents and guardians can bring the following forms of ID to receive breakfast and lunch for your child at our meal-sites or bus stops. Parents can use any of the following:
- Student ID;
- School report card;
- Child's passport;
- Child's birth certificate;
- Government-issued child identification card;
- Any document providing parent/guardian identity and relationship to the child, such as an adoption decree; doctor, clinic, or hospital record; religious record; or a daycare center record; or
- Text message sent to all parents/guardians from the district’s short-code (67587) regarding the pick-up of meals without children
You only need to bring ONE of these forms of identification to meal-sites. If you bring identification, your child does not need to be present.
Nothing is more important than keeping our team and families safe.
- Meals will be prepackaged for safety.
- Staff will use gloves and will have hand-sanitizer available.
- Participants are asked to practice social distancing by staying six feet apart.
- If you have cold- or flu-like symptoms, please stay home and follow the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Staff who might be considered high-risk for infection, are experiencing symptoms, or have other concerns about their health and safety will not be working.
Did you know that money leftover in your student’s child nutrition account from this school year will roll over to next school year?
Graduating students or students who will not be returning to the district next school year can receive a refund, via check, or the money may be transferred to a sibling to use. Please send an email to Tammy Christman at email@example.com and include your student’s name, school ID number, school they attended, parent and/or guardian phone number, and an address to mail the refund check.
Tulsa Kitchens Unite provides dinner meals to families and adults free of charge. Organized by Hunger Free Oklahoma, the program can be found at a handful of district meal sites on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays each week. There are no requirements to pick up the free dinner meals – just swing by! Hunger Free Oklahoma posts on their Facebook page weekly, to update the coming week’s meal site locations.
Find the schedule here.