Starting on Monday, Sept. 14, ALL Tulsa children ages 18 and under will receive breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals free of charge. Meal service will be provided daily from Monday through Friday. Parents and families can pick up meals from 60 sites from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on weekdays. We will also have 103 Mobile Meals bus stops operating from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. each weekday. To make pick-up easier for families, we are providing two service windows and will provide breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals during both periods of time.
Parents who bring their child to the meal sites will not have to provide ID. Parents and families can pick up meals without having their student present if they bring one of the following forms of student identification:
- School report card, student ID card or Clever (distance learning) log-in badge;
- Child’s passport; birth certificate; government-issued child identification card;
- Text message from the district’s short-code (67-587); or
- Any document providing parent/guardian identity and relationship to the child, such as an adoption decree; doctor, clinic, or hospital record; religious record; or daycare center record.
Even with the change in meal service, the district is still asking all families to complete a Free and Reduced Price Meal Application.
District staff will continue to follow COVID-19 health and safety guidelines for health screenings, personal protective equipment, and safe distancing. Parents and families are asked to follow City of Tulsa safety guidance around face masks and safe distancing.
Nothing is more important than keeping our team and families safe.
- Meals will be prepackaged for safety.
- Staff will use gloves and will have hand-sanitizer available.
- Participants are asked to practice social distancing by staying six feet apart.
- If you have cold- or flu-like symptoms, please stay home and follow the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Staff who might be considered high-risk for infection, are experiencing symptoms, or have other concerns about their health and safety will not be working.