During the COVID-19 Tulsa Public Schools building closures, Strong Tomorrows is working remotely and is continuing to provide services to students who are expectant and parenting. If you or someone you know is in need of resources or support for an expectant and parenting student please contact Strong Tomorrows Program Manager Joya Cleveland at 918-746-6307 for assistance. Thank you.
The Strong Tomorrows program provides guidance, support, and information for expectant and parenting students at Tulsa Public Schools. Our program incorporates a dual-generational approach by providing case management services and partnering with high-quality childcare programs like Educare and Community Action Project to support parenting students in staying on track to graduate.
Students in the Strong Tomorrow program learn to juggle the many tasks associated with being a parent while working to finish high school. The program also provides information and guidance on prenatal care, parenting tips, financial guidance, and healthy family relationships.
Strong Tomorrows services and supports include:
- Basic case management
- High school graduation, college/career planning
- Parent engagement workshops
- High-quality childcare
- Referrals for medical and health needs
Strong Tomorrows strives to:
- Improve attendance and graduation rates;
- Improve/maintain the health of students and their child;
- Prevent subsequent pregnancies;
- Increase child enrollment in high-quality early learning centers;
- Prepare students for higher education or the workforce;
- Support students by providing early education opportunities to their children; and
- Improve parent and family engagement.